- Synonyms:Activated leukocyte cell adhesion molecule, ALCAM
- Biomarker name:CD166
- Gene name:ALCAM
- Gene id:214
- Genecards link:http://www.genecards.org/cgi-bin/carddisp.pl?gc_id=GC03P105085
- Biomarker function:Cell adhesion molecule from the immunoglobulin superfamily. Involved in neurite extension. Role in the binding of T- and B-lymphocytes to activated leukocytes.
- Neurovascular unit:Neuron
- Intracellular location:Membrane
- Body fluids:Plasma
- Prot-prot interactions:Unknown
- Signaling pathway:Unknown
- Biological process:Cell adhesion
- Associations:Patients who died after ischemic stroke had higher levels of ALCAM/CD166.
Source articles by endpoint