- Synonyms:Fibronectin (FN) Cold-insoluble globulin (CIG)
- Biomarker name:FINC
- Gene name:FN1
- Gene id:2335
- Genecards link:http://www.genecards.org/cgi-bin/carddisp.pl?gene=FN1&search=fn1
- Biomarker function:Fibronectins bind cell surfaces and various compounds including collagen, fibrin, heparin, DNA, and actin. Fibronectins are involved in cell adhesion, cell motility, opsonization, wound healing, and maintenance of cell shape. Involved in osteoblast compaction through the fibronectin fibrillogenesis cell-mediated matrix assembly process, essential for osteoblast mineralization. Participates in the regulation of type I collagen deposition by osteoblasts
- Neurovascular unit:Extracellular matrix
- Intracellular location:Secreted
- Body fluids:Plasma, Serum, Urine
- Prot-prot interactions:Yes: VHL, ITGA5, IGFBP3, UBC, MYH9
- Signaling pathway:Yes: Signal Transduction, Extracellular matrix organization, Hemostasis.
- Biological process:Acute phase, Angiogenesis, Cell adhesion, Hemostasis
- Comments:Plasma FN (soluble dimeric form) is secreted by hepatocytes. Cellular FN (dimeric or cross-linked multimeric forms), made by fibroblasts, epithelial and other cell types, is deposited as fibrils in the extracellular matrix.
- Associations:Several studies has found raised fibronectin levels in stroke patients who develop a hemorrhagic transformation after tPA treatment.
Source articles by endpoint
|HT||Castellanos M. , 2004; Castellanos M. , 2007;|